Why It's Worth It
Membership with the Donelson Hermitage Chamber of Commerce accomplishes several things:
- Gets your name/business out there to membership and the community.
- Creates networking opportunities for you to attend and take advantage of.
- Strengthens your relationship with the community through volunteer opportunities
- And it's affordable!
According to a research study by an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm, The Schapiro Group, consumers are 49% more likely to think favorably of businesses who are members of their local Chamber, and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
Further, if a company shows that it is highly involved in its local Chamber, consumers are 10% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
When consumers know that a national restaurant franchise is a member of the Chamber, they are 60% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the Chamber, they are 36% more likely to think favorably of the company.
If consumers know that a small business is a member of the Chamber, the business enjoys 49% increase in its consumer favorability rating, a 73% increase in consumer awareness, a 68% increase in its local reputation, and an 80% increase in the likelihood that consumers will patronize the business in the future.
Top 10 List of Reasons Why You Should Join
- Membership brings credibility to your business. You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you're identified as a member of the Chamber.
- Increase your visibility in the community. As a new member of the Chamber, you will be listed on the Chamber website and highlighted at one of our monthly General Membership Meetings (GMM). You also can grow your business by advertising with the Chamber and sponsoring events. The Chamber may also promote your grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Create networking opportunities. Chambers have numerous committees and serving on one of them provides numerous networking opportunities as well as professional leadership development. You can build your business while promoting developments of keen interest to local businesses and the community at large.
- Make business contacts. The Chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The Chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
- Receive Chamber newsletter. Newsletters provide new member interesting information about operating a local business, articles about the local community, and details about up-and-coming chamber events, among other things.
- Acquire customer referrals. Every day, the Chamber receives calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, not to mention that Chamber members typically recommend Chamber members.
- Chamber events and programs. Chamber events and programs provide members with great opportunities to get to know new people and expand their prospect base. Chamber events are innovative and fun ways to help members meet potential customers, clients and vendors— and generate new business leads.
- Promotion and publicity. With a Chamber membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
- Access to members-only discounts and services. Have a deal you'd like to offer to fellow Chamber members? You can set that up in your Member Information Center (MIC).
- Gain a voice in our community. Many of our members are also connected to other local civic and/or non-profit organizations. We make our members aware of any volunteer opportunities that can benefit our community.